Data Science is a rapidly changing, interdisciplinary field and its imprint is found everywhere. The foundations of the Bachelor of Science in Data Science are data curation, mathematical foundations, computational thinking, statistical thinking, data modeling, communication and visualization, and ethics.
Four years for a complete BS degree. Two years for students transferring in with an AAOT degree. Program length may vary depending upon the student’s course load and academic progress.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students who complete this major will learn the data cycle of obtaining, curating, managing, processing, exploring, analyzing, and communicating data. They will:
- Connect abstract mathematics with real-world problems involving data.
- Apply computational and statistical thinking to the acquisition and analysis of data.
- Build statistical models and assess them.
- Become proficient in current statistical, numerical, and visualization software.
- Responsibly handle data.
- Communicate their analyses in both written and visual formats.