Sep 21, 2023
Engineering schools recognize that students who come into engineering from a liberal arts background frequently have a broader perspective than the average engineering student. Therefore, engineering schools often look for opportunities to recruit students from liberal arts institutions. In order to provide pathways into engineering for students, Pacific offers both an Engineering Science major and Dual Degree program options.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the engineering program will have:
- an ability to apply principles of mathematics, science, and engineering in a variety of contexts.
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and tools necessary for science and engineering practice.
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- an ability to participate in projects that cross disciplines and to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- a knowledge of contemporary issues.
- One minor from among the following:
- Applied Physics
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- A minimum of 24 semester credits in engineering courses from an approved engineering program at another institution.
- Of the courses used to satisfy the major, at least 24 credits must be at the 300 level or above, or equivalent, and at least 4 credits must be at the 400 level, or equivalent.
Approved coursework taken at the engineering institution along with an approved public presentation will satisfy the requirements for the Senior Capstone.