Post-graduate Residency Education
Opportunities in post-graduate education include residency programs that are designed to prepare the optometric physician for careers in optometric education, research, and clinical positions requiring specialty training or clinical management experience. Pacific University College of Optometry grants certificates of completion for Optometric Resident Programs in Cornea and Contact Lenses, Geriatric Optometry, Low Vision Rehabilitation, Ocular Disease, Pediatric Optometry, Primary Eye Care, Refractive and Ocular Surgery Co-Management, and Vision Therapy and Rehabilitation. The following programs are affiliated with Pacific University College of Optometry.
Admission: Post-Graduate Residency Education
Application deadline is January 31, or as indicated. Most programs begin July 1. All candidates requesting positions are required to apply through the Optometry Residency Match (ORMatch).
Applicants must submit:
- A completed application for the specific residency, including essays.
- Current curriculum vitae.
- Examination scores from the National Board of Examiners in Optometry.
- Three letters of recommendation from full-time clinical faculty members.
- Evidence of eligibility for state licensure may vary by state.
Other supporting documents are useful, such as copies of publications, thesis or research papers.
The applicant should be available for a formal interview with the residency committee. Individual residency programs may have additional eligibility criteria.
ProgramsPost-Graduate Residence Programs
- Residency in Cornea & Contact Lenses, Seattle, WA
- Residency in Cornea and Contact Lenses, Forest Grove and Portland, OR
- Residency in Ocular Disease | Low Vision Rehabilitation, Lebanon, PA
- Residency in Ocular Disease | Primary Optometry, Spokane, WA
- Residency in Ocular Disease | Refractive and Ocular Surgery, Englewood, CO
- Residency in Ocular Disease | Refractive and Ocular Surgery, Walla Walla, WA
- Residency in Pediatric Optometry | Vision Therapy & Rehabilitation | Brain Injury Rehabilitation, Federal Way, WA
- Residency in Pediatric Optometry | Vision Therapy and Rehabilitation, Minnetonka, MN
- Residency in Pediatric Optometry | Vision Therapy and Vision Rehabilitation, Forest Grove, OR
- Residency in Pediatric Optometry |Vision Therapy and Vision Rehabilitation, Beaverton, Clackamas, Hillsboro, OR and Vancouver, WA
- Residency in Primary Care Optometry | Geriatric Optometry, Tacoma, WA
- Residency in Primary Care Optometry | Ocular Disease Optometry, Portland, OR
- Residency in Primary Care Optometry | Ocular Disease Optometry, Salem, OR
- Residency in Primary Care Optometry | Ocular Disease, White City, OR
- Residency Ocular Disease | Refractive and Ocular Surgery, Bloomington, MN