A major in business administration prepares students to enter a wide range of careers in business and in the public sector or to enter graduate programs. The degree develops broadly educated individuals who are flexible, skilled at solving problems, aware of a diversity of viewpoints and responsive to rapidly changing environments. Students majoring in business administration plan core and elective courses in consultation with their faculty advisors to improve communication and analysis skills, to develop the strongest possible background in their areas of interest, and to achieve a well-rounded liberal arts education.
The mission of the College of Business is to educate enlightened leaders of imaginative and entrepreneurial organizations. The College aspires to develop graduates with skills to manage organizations effectively and efficiently and to exercise responsible leadership. A broad business and liberal arts curriculum that emphasizes theoretical, applied and experiential learning is critical to this development. We offer a unique and a highly supportive learning environment, characterized by a relevant contemporary curriculum with innovative pedagogical methods.
The College works to ensure that all of our business undergraduates will be proficient in the following common skills on successful completion of the program:
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Effective writing
- Technological competency
- Effective oral communication
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Information literacy
- Ethical decision making
Program Learning Outcomes
Successful graduates of the management concentration will be able to:
- Apply analytical and problem solving skills in the functional areas of accounting, marketing, finance, and management.
- Demonstatrate knowledge and understanding of the ethical, legal and social obligations and responsibilities of business.
- Apply ethical principles in teh business environment with people of diverse ethnic, cultural, gender, and other backgrounds.
- Communicate effectively.
- Apply the knowledge of business concepts and function in an integrated manner.
ProgramsBachelor of ArtsMinor
CoursesBusiness Administration, Undergraduate